CELA is part of the Creative Europe Program. Its aim is to increase the capacity of a new generation of literary creators to work on an international scale and for the European public. It allows for intensive transnational cooperation between writers, translators, and literary professionals at the beginning of their careers.
The project provides a four-year course (2019-2023) with training, tools, and a network that aims to make an international career possible and establish an integrated professional practice.
Throughout the project, literary organizations guide writers, translators, and literary professionals and provide them with a multinational program of residences, training, and masterclasses to prepare them to work in the European market. Participants also participate in an international marketing campaign, and on a tour that visits several European festivals.
The CELA Project has the following partners:
- Vlaams-Nederlands Huis deBuren (Brussels, Belgium)
- Passa Porta (Brussels, Belgium)
- Ceské literární centrum (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Scuola Holden (Turin, Italy)
- Wintertuin (Nijmegen, Netherlands)
- Krakowskie Biuro Festiwalowe (Kraków, Poland)
- Camara Municipal de Óbidos (Óbidos, Portugal)
- Asociatia Editorilor din Romania (Bucharest, Romania)
- Association KROKODIL (Belgrade, Serbia)
For more information, visit the website: https://www.cela-europe.com